Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What can I do if I was caught selling stolen stuff?

I was selling some items on craigslist, which I didn't know was stolen. But I still got busted for having stolen items and trying to sell them. Can I just say that I didn't steal them and didn't know they was stolen in the first place?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    John J. Carney | The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    401 East 34th Street
    New York, NY 10016
    (917) 696-2363
    You should retain a good criminal lawyer to handle the case. No one should ever talk to the poilce without a lawyer as you do not know what to say and what not to say, but most people foolishly do answer all the police officer or detective's questions and then they have a case that cannot be won at trial. That takes away all the bargaining power if your lawyer to get a good plea. You probably knew the goods were stolen and that is why you were selling them on Craigslist. The price you paid, who you bought hem from, and all the other details probably made it obvious that the person you bought them from was not the owner. If not you should be able to win the case.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 2/24/2013
    Henry Lebensbaum | Henry Lebensbaum
    46 Lovejoy Rd
    Andover, MA 01810
    (978) 807-6512
    Speak to a lawyer as soon as possible.
    Answer Applies to: Massachusetts - Replied: 1/27/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Yes you can. Get a lawyer and fight the matter. You can't be guilty if you did not know that the things were stolen.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/26/2013
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    You can say it. Whether or not you will be believed is another story If you have already done so, I strongly suggest that you contact an experienced criminal defense attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your situation. He/she would then be in a better position to analyze your case and advise you of your options.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/24/2013
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    Sure you can say that, and IF the jury does not believe you, then you can tell your bunkmate in prison the same story for about 3 years.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 1/24/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.