Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What can I do if I got charged in a different city and can’t afford to go back there to get the report or warrant?

I have been charged with burglary in a different city. They won't give me a police report & arrest warrant unless I go in person or send a lawyer. What do I do? I can't afford a lawyer or to travel back.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Oscar E. Toscano | Oscar E. Toscano
    625 w. broadway # b
    Glendale, CA 91204
    (818) 241-0806
    In criminal cases, you get a free lawyer appointed by the court when you show up in court.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 11/1/2013
    Pius Joseph | Pius Joseph A Professional Law Corp.
    595. E. Colorado Blvd. Suite 801
    Pasadena, CA 91101
    (626) 397-1050
    Ask for a public defender. Usually they are not appointed until your court date.You may want to show up but will likely be detained and may have to seek bail .Otherwise arrange a bail bondsman so that you will not have to be detained.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 10/31/2013
    Jeff Yeh | Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    3810 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1110
    Los Angeles, CA 90010
    (213) 446-2495
    You should hire a lawyer to go to court to recall the warrant. A lawyer can do this without you present, so it is less risky for you.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 10/31/2013
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    Then you ignore the case, until they issue a warrant, and wait for them to pick you up.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 10/31/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Well if you do not go back or get a lawyer to deal with this then you will end up getting arrested on a warrant and they will take you back.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 10/31/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.