Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What can I do if I got caught driving with a suspended license?

I new it was a bad idea but I had to get medicine for my girlfriend and got pulled over for not stopping fully at a stop sign. Am I going to do jail time?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Well the issue will be whether it was a true medical emergency. Get a lawyer and try to get your license cleared up. If you can get it cleared before this matter comes to court then maybe you can get a deal.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/26/2013
    Phil Hache | Law Offices of Phil Hache
    15303 Ventura Blvd., 9th Floor, Suite 900
    Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
    (818) 336-1384
    What court is your hearing in? Why was your license initially suspended (ie. DUI?) Any prior suspended license questions? All those (and other) factors can effect the likely potential penalty for your situation and jail time. You should speak to an attorney in your area to discuss your case and to defend you on this matter.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/24/2013
    Lori Beck | Law Office of Kevin C. Flesch
    333 W. Hampden Ave., Suite 710
    Englewood, CO 80110
    (303) 457-0635
    The new law for a first DUR is no jail time. However, if your license was suspended for a prior alcohol offense, there is a mandatory minimum jail sentence of 30 days. But, there is also an emergency exception to the law. Check to see if you are eligible to reinstate your privilege to drive and if you are, reinstate your license.
    Answer Applies to: Colorado - Replied: 1/24/2013
    William L. Welch, III | William L. Welch, III Attorney
    111 South Calvert Street
    Baltimore, MD 21045
    (410) 385-5630
    You have the right to plead not guilty and defend yourself. An attorney can assist you in evaluating the states evidence, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made. If convicted, an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a request for a more lenient sentence.
    Answer Applies to: Maryland - Replied: 1/24/2013
    Richard Williams | Law Office of Richard Williams
    301 Government Street, Suite 104
    Mobile, AL 36602
    (251) 272-3765
    Whether you do jail time depends on where this happened, the reason(s) your license was suspended and your past criminal and driving record. Additionally, a conviction for driving with license suspended, in Alabama, is a mandatory six month suspension consecutive to any other suspension.
    Answer Applies to: Alabama - Replied: 1/23/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.