Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What can I do if I get a letter from the city attorneys office in regards to spousal battery?

I was arrested on allegations of cohab abuse. I went to jail. I wasn't read my rights. LAPD refused to take my statement or even pictures of my injuries. Three days pass and I never saw a judge. I was released with a temporary restraining order. A month later LA sheriffs served me with a R/O D/V 110. I went to court but my accuser was at the hospital so they set it for three more weeks. Today I got a letter in the mail from the city attorney office that I have violated section p273.5 a spousal battery 2014 on December 7, 2013. I thought I was done with that. What can I do?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Strowbridge Richardson | Strowbridge Blaisdel Richardson
    P.O. Box 1066
    Newcastle, CA 95658
    (530) 887-9911
    Hire an attorney to explain all the forms and procedure.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/7/2014
    Jeff Yeh | Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    3810 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1110
    Los Angeles, CA 90010
    (213) 446-2495
    You need to hire a lawyer as soon as possible. If convicted of 273.5, you will lose your gun rights for life, have a criminal record, and be forced to attend a long and expensive 52-week DV class.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/5/2014
    Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
    39300 Civic Center Drive #110
    Fremont, CA 94538
    (510) 792-5110
    You need to get an attorney and go to court.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/5/2014
    Jared C. Winter | Law Office of Jared C. Winter
    385 Grand Avenue
    Oakland, CA 94610
    (510) 903-8090
    The city attorney has filed charges. Often times this happens near the time of arrest, but a delay in filing the charges is not uncommon. Your best move would be to hire a local criminal defense attorney.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/5/2014
    Eric Sterkenburg | Law Office of Eric Sterkenburg
    16478 Beach Boulevard, No. 329
    Westminster, CA 92683
    (562) 477-6940
    Go to court on the day the hearing is set. Plead not guilty and either hire an attorney if you can afford one or request the Public Defender be appointed for your case. Explain to the attorney what happened and do as he advises.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/5/2014
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.