Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What are my options if I got an unfair trial due to a prejudice prosecutor?

In my case I am married to the daughter of the DA's assistant, and I never had a chance to provide evidence to the court when they put me in jail for domestic violence and destruction of telecommunications while calling the cops. My wife is also close to the DA on a different level to where she house sits for him when he leaves town and even the woman who was working in her corner from the prosecution was so close to my wife that she was at our son's birthday party. I feel the system is unfair and my public defender never let me have a chance to talk to him about my case and was also working to prosecute me. I was in jail for thirty days and never had a chance to talk to anyone. I called my defender nine days in a row but he never contacted me and I even left messages. I was scarred into a guilty plea and never had a criminal record before. I was served papers for custody while locked up and they never let me out until after I had showed up in a criminal's jail outfit. I am afraid my son is not going to know his dad over these lies and I feel that it is conflict of interest is some manor with the prosecution or that I never had a chance. I am out because I served the time of the deal I plead guilty to but I still have a sentencing date so I am trying to find out if I can appeal this due to prejudice or any reason for the unfairness so I can fairly demonstrate what the case is with a fair prosecution? What are my options?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
    39300 Civic Center Drive #110
    Fremont, CA 94538
    (510) 792-5110
    It seems that the DA's office should have recused itself due to their connection to the victim to avoid the appearance of impro priety. This would involve a lot of money to challenge your conviction.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 8/5/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.