Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What are my options if I am not a US citizen and my spouse abuses me?

I am currently in the process of attaining my green card and becoming a permanent resident of the US. My problem is that my spouse has become abusive and dominating, to the point that I feel unsafe for my own life. If I'm correct, getting a divorce would mean the canceling or prolonging of my citizen status. I would like to know what options I have in front of me for this type of case.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Maurice Ross | Barton Barton & Plotkin
    420 Lexington Avenue
    New York, NY 10170
    (973) 896-7190
    So sorry that you face such problems. Abuse like this is intolerable. This web site is not a good substitute for immigration counsel in this situation. You need to consult immediately with immigration counsel because your options may depend on many details that you should discuss only with legal counsel
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 6/17/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.