Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What are the consequences for gun possession?

I was pulled over for a failure to signal and the cop claimed to smell drugs in my car. After about twenty minutes or so of going back and forth, he searched my car. The whole time I was telling him I wasn't okay with the search and he didn't have my permission. He said he didn't need my permission. He didn't find any drugs but he did find my handgun and I got arrested,

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    I would fight the matter on the stop and search or the vehicle. KT sounds like a pretext and should be thrown out.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/31/2013
    William L. Welch, III | William L. Welch, III Attorney
    111 South Calvert Street
    Baltimore, MD 21045
    (410) 385-5630
    Your charge paper should indicate the maximums that you face. Generally speaking in Maryland wearing, carrying, or transporting a firearm in a vehicle carries three years. If a person were prohibited for a reason, such as having previously been convicted of a felony, then the maximums might be higher, and there might be mandatory minimums.
    Answer Applies to: Maryland - Replied: 1/29/2013
    David M. Baum | Law Office of David Baum
    1925 Century Park East, Suite 2140
    Los Angeles, CA 90067
    (310) 990-3660
    The police may have illegally searched your car and the gun may have been illegally seized as a result of that bad search. You will need to speak with an attorney about filing motion to suppress evidence.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/28/2013
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    The consequences depend on your record.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 1/28/2013
    Timothy J. Thill | Timothy J. Thill P.C.
    261 E. Quincy ST
    Riverside, IL 60546
    (708) 443-1200
    You could be facing probation up to several years in prison, depending on your criminal history.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 1/28/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.