Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What am I looking at for violating a restraining order?

I know this was dumb but I can't go back now and wanna know whats gunna happen. I had a little too much to drink and went to her house to talk to her.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    John J. Carney | The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    401 East 34th Street
    New York, NY 10016
    (917) 696-2363
    It is called an order of protection and you can get a year in jail for contempt. You are not making good decisions and you violated a court order. Retain a good criminal lawyer or you are going to get a criminal record or a jail sentence.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 3/19/2013
    John D Duncan | Prater, Duncan & Craig, LLC
    2 W Washington Street
    Newnan, GA 30263
    (770) 253-7778
    Violating a temporary protective order is a misdemeanor that carries a maximum 12 months/$1,000 fine.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 3/19/2013
    William L. Welch, III | William L. Welch, III Attorney
    111 South Calvert Street
    Baltimore, MD 21045
    (410) 385-5630
    An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. Consider seeking a confidential consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Beware that online posts are not confidential. If somehow the prosecution were to find your post, then it might be used in evidence against you.
    Answer Applies to: Maryland - Replied: 3/19/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Well the judge can take you and put you in jail in order to think about your behavior.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/19/2013
    Jeff Yeh | Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    3810 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1110
    Los Angeles, CA 90010
    (213) 446-2495
    You're facing a misdemeanor, which is a criminal record. Hire a lawyer before you open your mouth to the wrong folks and incriminate yourself.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/18/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.