Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Should I turn myself in on a warrant?

I'm really nervous about the idea of turning myself in but I've kind of been dodging the cops for a while now. If I go to an attorney first, can they help make sure I don't get punished as harshly? I don't want to spend time in jail.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    You will be spending time in jail on the warrant. The question is how long. An attorney typically can help reduce the time.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 3/10/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Getting an attorney and turning yourself in is the best course, since they will go harder on you if they have to pick you up. This shows you are serious.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/9/2013
    Sally Hamblin | Hamblin Law Office
    4015 W. Houghton Lake Drive
    Houghton Lake, MI 48629
    (228) 224-7120
    There are no guarantees regarding punishment, but your rights will be protected. The attorney can work with prosecutor.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/8/2013
    Randy M. Lish | Randy M. Lish, Attorney at Law
    2155 N. Freedom Blvd.
    Provo, UT 84604
    (801) 235-9400
    If you don't turn yourself in, you run the risk that you will be picked up by the police anyway, and you will have to post the bail or sit in jail until your court appearance.
    Answer Applies to: Utah - Replied: 3/8/2013
    Timothy J. Thill | Timothy J. Thill P.C.
    261 E. Quincy ST
    Riverside, IL 60546
    (708) 443-1200
    Definitely turn yourself in. If arrested, the judge will be less likely to impose a reasonable bond, and you will probably be locked up for a long period. If you turn yourself in, definitely retain a lawyer to appear with you when you turn yourself in, and when you appear before the judge or magistrate.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 3/8/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3 4 5
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.