Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Should I take the plea bargain if I’m innocent?

They gave me the choice of pleading guilty to possession of drugs instead of dealing. But I they were in my car but they weren't mine. Should I just do it so I didn't get in bigger trouble?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Dan Fenaughty | Fenaughty & Associates, PC
    2 N Cascade Ave.
    Colorado Springs, CO 80903
    (719) 277-6626
    You should not act on a felony criminal charge without counsel. Since you are likely represented by counsel, I will defer to them. This question should be presented to them.
    Answer Applies to: Colorado - Replied: 3/25/2013
    Peter Goldscheider | Law Office of Peter F. Goldscheider
    438 Cambridge Ave. Suite 250
    Palo Alto, CA 94306
    (650) 323-8296
    That decision is one only you can make with the advice of your attorney who is the one you should be asking. If you do not trust him or her you should hire one in whom you have confidence. A jury trial is always a risky proposition but sometimes necessary if you believe you are right. How will you feel about your decision 10 years from now?
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/18/2013
    Mari Morrison | Mari Morrison Attorney at Law
    PO Box 36783
    Birmingham, AL 35236
    (205) 982-8515
    Wow, I always hate telling some one to take the plea or not but it is always your decision. If you go to court, you have a real burden of proving the drugs were not yours. Was the car yours? Do you have any priors? Will they offer you drug court instead and let you have the charges dismissed after successful completion. You need to speak with your lawyer and ask these questions.
    Answer Applies to: Alabama - Replied: 3/16/2013
    Terry Nelson | Nelson & Lawless
    2134 Main St., #130
    Huntington Beach, CA 92648
    (714) 960-7584
    No one can make that decision for you. The terms of the deal offered you are known. The risk of loss at trial carries with it sentencing to the time specified under the statute you are tried on. Your attorney should be advising you on the risk/reward analysis of deal vs trial. If you don't have counsel, you are on your own.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/14/2013
    Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
    39300 Civic Center Drive #110
    Fremont, CA 94538
    (510) 792-5110
    This sounds like a circumstantial case. You can be convicted on the basis of circumstantial evidence. Discuss with your lawyer what evidence the DA has against you.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/14/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.