Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Should I plead not guilty to marijuana related charge?

Me and some other friends were smoking a joint during a bachelor party outside of a night club. An officer that we didn't recognize smelled it and wrote us up. One of the other guys had a decent amount of pot on him too. Can they prove that I was the one smoking it? Hypothetically, couldn't I just say that I was standing there and that the other guys were smoking.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    John J. Carney | The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    401 East 34th Street
    New York, NY 10016
    (917) 696-2363
    You should retain a good criminal lawyer and not asy anything to anyone, especially the police. You will get an ACD dismissal and not have a criminal record.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 2/24/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Yes you should plead not guilty and get a lawyer. Then you can either fight the matter or work out a deal where you end up with no record.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/26/2013
    Lori Beck | Law Office of Kevin C. Flesch
    333 W. Hampden Ave., Suite 710
    Englewood, CO 80110
    (303) 457-0635
    Hypothetically, you could say anything you want. However, it sounds like you were charged with smoking the marijuana and not possessing a large amount. If so, it is a petty offense. If you could bring witnesses in to say you were not smoking it, that is better for you, although I do not know what the police report says and what evidence the police officer has to indicate you were also smoking it.
    Answer Applies to: Colorado - Replied: 1/24/2013
    Melissa Smejkal | Law Office of Melissa Smejkal
    1328 W 18th Street
    Chicago, IL 60608
    (312) 968-2479
    Yes, take it to trial.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 1/24/2013
    William L. Welch, III | William L. Welch, III Attorney
    111 South Calvert Street
    Baltimore, MD 21045
    (410) 385-5630
    An attorney can assist you with evaluating the states evidence, any defenses that you might have, any plea offer that might be made, in order for you to decide whether to go to trial. You should seek a confidential consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Online posts are not confidential, and if discovered by the prosecution, online posts might be used against you in evidence.
    Answer Applies to: Maryland - Replied: 1/24/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3 4
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.