Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Should I hire an attorney to fight my gun charge?

I got caught with a 22 that was not licensed to me. It was reported stolen 3 years ago but they can't prove it was ever used in a crime. What am I facing and how can I get out of it? I have no record or felonies. Not even a speeding ticket.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Vincent C. Machroli | Law Office of Vincent C. Machroli, P.C.
    High Point Plaza
    Hillside, IL 60162-1949
    (708) 449-7400
    A skilled criminal defense attorney would need to discuss this matter with you in greater detail, & ask you many questions, before he/she could give you the proper legal advice (& a quote) you are seeking. Schedule a consultation ASAP. Once the case is resolved to your satisfaction, you'll be glad you paid the money to hire her/him & properly protect your legal rights.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 3/29/2013
    Steven Pisani | Law Offices of Steven J. Pisani
    600 17th Street, Suite 2800
    Denver, CO 80202
    (303) 635-6768
    I am not quite sure what charges you are facing but hiring a criminal defense attorney is always a better option than going in there alone. The criminal justice system is very complex and it takes many years of experience to learn the ins and outs. A judge and prosecutor may give you some information, but ultimately only your own attorney can properly advise you and discuss the implications in your case.
    Answer Applies to: Colorado - Replied: 3/28/2013
    Peter Goldscheider | Law Office of Peter F. Goldscheider
    438 Cambridge Ave. Suite 250
    Palo Alto, CA 94306
    (650) 323-8296
    You definitely need an attorney whether it is a felony or not.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/27/2013
    R. Jason de Groot | R. Jason de Groot, P.A
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A
    Deltona, FL 32728-5775
    (386) 337-8239
    Get an attorney. We do not know any of the facts that the state will use against you.
    Answer Applies to: Florida - Replied: 3/27/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Yes you should get a lawyer. Maybe that person can work out something where you end up with no record.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/26/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3 4 5
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.