Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Should I get an attorney if I got charged with possession of paraphernalia?

Not sure how bad this charge is and if I need an attorney to help me. Just want to know if its something I can handle on my own or if I should get help.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Peter Goldscheider | Law Office of Peter F. Goldscheider
    438 Cambridge Ave. Suite 250
    Palo Alto, CA 94306
    (650) 323-8296
    The expression is a fool represents himself. There are exceptions but they are rare.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/19/2013
    Geoffrey M. Yaryan | Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan
    74-075 El Paseo, Suite A-14
    Palm Desert, CA 92260
    (760) 779-9666
    You should always have and attorney if charged with a criminal offense.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/19/2013
    B. Casey Yim | B. Casey Yim
    1511 Kings Rd
    Newport Beach, CA 92663
    (949) 645-1516
    You should get an attorney. Charge can result in jail time; or probation, depending on level of charges. Probation can be problematic. Attorney will be able to determine what if any defenses, or mitigation may apply to your case; and will be in better position to negotiate plea deal.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/19/2013
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    Unless you are familiar with court procedures and criminal law, I suggest that you obtain an attorney.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/18/2013
    Michael Thomas Lynch | LynchLaw
    1400 N. Dutton Ave Ste 21
    Santa Rosa, CA 95401
    (707) 523-2223
    Even if you are a trained and licensed attorney, you should never represent yourself. Most attorneys who are charged with a crime will hire a lawyer to represent them in court. While you have the right to do so, if you are not a trained and licensed attorney you should never attempt to spare with a prosecutor.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/18/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.