Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

My son and husband came to physical blows, and now my husband wants our 16 year old out of the house, is this legal?

My husband and my son were arguing the other night, and my husband said something that severely angered my son. This resulted in my son hitting my husband, which in turn resulted in a small scuffle. My husband called the police about the dispute and an officer came and took record of the incident. The fight has passed and tempers have come down, however, my husband wants my son out of the house and is thinking of pressing charges against my son. Being that he is only 16 years of age, not yet a legal adult, can he be legally forced to leave?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Well maybe but the father will still be financially responsible for the child until he gets to 18.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 4/11/2013
    Sally Hamblin | Hamblin Law Office
    4015 W. Houghton Lake Drive
    Houghton Lake, MI 48629
    (228) 224-7120
    No he cannot kick the 16 year old out. You have a parental obligation to provide shelter for a minor. Pressing charges is your choice, but not knowing how hard your husband hit back and all facts, he possibly could face charges. You need to address the issue before, CPS becomes involved.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 4/10/2013
    Mark A. Manning | Mark A. Manning, PC.
    213 Paw Paw Street
    Paw Paw, MI 49079
    (269) 657-3191
    A parent is responsible for provide for the care and maintenance of a child up to the age of 18. There is no obligation they do so under their own roof.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 4/10/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.