Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

My daughter was supposedly injured but not in my custody, what can I do to not lose custody?

I found out I was the father of my 5 month old little girl. I just started a relationship with my daughter. The first time day I had her she was fine, the next day I notice she was vomiting. I called her mother immediately about the problem. She was admitted into the hospital for dehydration and then later released from recovery. I had my daughter over the night before Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving, her mother stayed as well. Her mother had to work both days, I was the caretaker. Now Friday morning I wake up to find that my daughter was in need of 911. She was admitted to the hospital once again, they ran test, drew blood, did a MRI, found that she has some small bleeding in her subdural. Cps has got involved, I have lost my rights to see my other child who is 7yrs old. I cant even see my baby girl. I'm lost and so confused on what is going on. Please Help

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    Retain an attorney.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 12/7/2013
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    I strongly suggest that you contact a family law attorney experienced in CPS proceedings for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your situation. (S)he would then be in a better position to analyze your case and advise you of your options.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 12/4/2013
    Robert F. Davies, Esq. | The Davies Law Firm, P.A.
    45 Essex Street, Suite 3 West
    Hackensack, NJ 07601
    (201) 820-3460
    You are facing a very serious problem. It sounds like you may be accused of abusing the child. You need a good lawyer, right now. And do not talk about this with anyone, police, friends, family, UNTIL you talk to a good lawyer. This is serious. These legal issues will affect you and your family for many years. You may cause great harm to yourself and your children, and may lose a lot of money, if you do the wrong thing.
    Answer Applies to: New Jersey - Replied: 12/4/2013
    Christine Borzilleri | Borzilleri Law Office
    128 Dorrance Street
    Providence, RI 02903
    (401) 273-3000
    You should immediately contact an attorney regarding the involvement of CPS. It can be and usually is a long and complex process.
    Answer Applies to: Rhode Island - Replied: 12/4/2013
    Maurice Ross | Barton Barton & Plotkin
    420 Lexington Avenue
    New York, NY 10170
    (973) 896-7190
    Sorry that you face such a distressing situation. You need to retain legal counsel-both family and criminal defense counsel. You now have a track record of problems when caring for your children, which makes you a target for future investigations. Further, with respect, these things don't ordinarily happen to children unless there is parental neglect of some kind-but sometimes accidents do happen. In addition to a lawyer, you need an expert doctor to examine the medical records, examine the situation regarding the 7 year old, and then assist you in asserting your parental rights-this will not be easy because courts are most concerned about the best interests of the child, and your track record does not seem to be good. You may be totally innocent, and the best father in the world, but you will have to prove this by using legal counsel and an expert who would testify on your behalf. You need to be prepared to expend substantial funds to retain counsel, retain one more more experts, and petition the court for restoration of your custodial rights.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 12/4/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.