Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Is there a way to retract a statement I said during my arrest if I wasn’t read my Miranda rights?

I may have not been too happy when I got picked up for possession and said a few choice things I should not have. The cop never read my Miranda rights about anything I say blah blah blah. Can they use the stuff I said against me still? Can I take it back?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    John J. Carney | The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    401 East 34th Street
    New York, NY 10016
    (917) 696-2363
    You should know your constitutional rights to remain silent and to have a lawyer present while being interrogated. Your lawyer will run a Huntley Hearing to try to get the statement suppressed.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 3/9/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    No you can't take it back. Also they do not have to read you Miranda unless they plan to question you about the matter AFTER the arrest.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/17/2013
    William L. Welch, III | William L. Welch, III Attorney
    111 South Calvert Street
    Baltimore, MD 21045
    (410) 385-5630
    That would be an issue for a judge to decide in a suppression hearing.
    Answer Applies to: Maryland - Replied: 1/16/2013
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    Your question requires an attorney consultation. It is not a simple question that can be answered on this type of forum. There are many factors that would need to be considered and evaluated. The short answer is possibly, depending on the circumstances and facts surrounding your arrest and questioning.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/16/2013
    Timothy J. Thill | Timothy J. Thill P.C.
    261 E. Quincy ST
    Riverside, IL 60546
    (708) 443-1200
    Miranda only applies to confessions or admissions of guilt, not to statements such as cursing or swearing to the officers. If the statements are directly related to the possession charge, your lawyer may file a motion to suppress statements, otherwise, forget it.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 1/16/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.