Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Is there a way to get out of a statutory rape charge if my girlfriend consented?

I'm 24 and dating a 15 year old. She loves me and our relationships consensual. The problem was her parents found out and called the cops on us and I got arrested. I know the age difference but does it matter if she wants it too?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Christopher G Humphrey | Law Office of Christopher G Humphrey PC
    P.O. Box 4216
    Cheyenne, WY 82003
    (307) 222-2448
    The only defense to statutory rape is mistake of age. You know her age, therefore you cannot now claim you were mistaken about her age.
    Answer Applies to: Wyoming - Replied: 3/13/2013
    David Akulian | Not Guilty In DC
    10 G St. NE #710
    Washington, DC 20002
    (800) 408-0919
    Consent doesn't matter there. Get a good lawyer.
    Answer Applies to: District of Columbia - Replied: 3/13/2013
    Vincent C. Machroli | Law Office of Vincent C. Machroli, P.C.
    High Point Plaza
    Hillside, IL 60162-1949
    (708) 449-7400
    No, her consent doesn't matter, she's a minor. Schedule a consultation with an experienced criminal law attorney, & once the case is resolved to your satisfaction you'll be glad you paid the money to hire him/her & properly protect your legal rights.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 3/12/2013
    Anderson Walsh PLLC
    COEUR D ALENE, ID 83814
    (208) 665-5658
    Unfortunately, a 15 year old cannot be deemed to have consented. Pursuant to Idaho's statutory rape laws, her consent is not a defense. You should immediately retain a competent and experienced criminal defense attorney. A conviction for statutory rape will mean that you have to register as a sex offender. You should not make any statements to law enforcement without your attorney present as you may want to make statements that you think help you (ie that she consented), but that is a confession and can be used against you. You should also not take any calls from her or her parents, as law enforcement may be recording the call while she tries to get you to confess.
    Answer Applies to: Idaho - Replied: 3/12/2013
    Mel Dunn | Mel Dunn
    100 N. Center
    Casper, WY 82601
    (307) 267-7758
    Consent of a 15 year old girl is not a defense.
    Answer Applies to: Wyoming - Replied: 3/12/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.