Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Is there a request or something I could ask for that would help in court with my mom being sick?

My brother is being charged with burglary (nonresidence) and he was already on probation so that put him back behind bars. His lawyer has said there is no evidence of the burglaryt that he is supposed to have commited. Our mother has been really sick with cancer and with no evidence, I was wanting to know if that was something that would be taken into consideration.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    Your mother's medical condition will play no role in the court's decision making the same way it played no role in your brother's decision making.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 12/27/2013
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    It is possible that your mother's illness could be taken into consideration in having your brother released on either his own recognizance or on a small bond. However, this is something that you should be discussing with your brother's attorney, since he knows more about your brother's case and the evidence against him than anyone on this forum.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 12/9/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    It may be on the issue of bond for your brother.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 12/9/2013
    Tricia Dwyer, Esq. | Tricia Dwyer, Esq. & Associates PLLC
    508 E 15 St.
    Minneapolis, MN 55404
    (612) 296-9666
    It is good that you are seeking to help your brother. Your brother should turn to your his attorney with his questions and concerns and she/he will be happy to advise him. Your brother may seek a second opinion. If appropriate to your concerns, your brother, with court permission, typically may change attorneys.
    Answer Applies to: Minnesota - Replied: 12/9/2013
    Thomas E. Gates | Gates' Law, PLLC
    651 Strander Blvd., Suite 209
    Tukwila, WA 98188-2953
    (253) 332-7899
    Your mom being sick has no bearing to the crime committed.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 12/9/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.