Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Is there are harsher punishment for being caught with drugs with a minor?

I was caught with marijuana with my friend who is 17. I am 21. Is there a harsher punishment for me since she is under 18?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    In Michigan it may not matter. But you want to get an attorney and see about getting into a diversion program so that you end up with no record. A record for drugs will cause you lots of problems in the future.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 6/6/2013
    Marshall Tauber | Law Offices of Marshall Tauber
    39520 Woodward Ave., Suite 230
    Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
    (877) 682-8237
    Generally, no.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 6/6/2013
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    Depending on the circumstances of your case, you could also be charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 6/5/2013
    John J. Carney | The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    401 East 34th Street
    New York, NY 10016
    (917) 696-2363
    The case will probably be dismissed if you retain a good lawyer with an ACD and you will not have a record.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 6/5/2013
    William L. Welch, III | William L. Welch, III Attorney
    111 South Calvert Street
    Baltimore, MD 21045
    (410) 385-5630
    Courts have discretion about how much of the possible penalty to impose, and contributing to the delinquency of a minor is a separate crime in and of itself. An experienced criminal defense attorney can help you evaluate the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to go to trial. Consider seeking a confidential consultation.
    Answer Applies to: Maryland - Replied: 6/5/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.