Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Is there anyway to help someone who was sentenced to life with no parole as a juvenile?

A childhood friend was convicted of murder as a juvenile and he was sentenced to life with no parole. He has served 26 years. Is there anyway to help him now?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    Yes, retain a skilled attorney.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 6/11/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Possibly. There was a recent US Supreme Court case that said that mandatory life is unconstitutional for minors. This may be retroactive.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 6/10/2013
    Timothy J. Thill | Timothy J. Thill P.C.
    261 E. Quincy ST
    Riverside, IL 60546
    (708) 443-1200
    If all of his appellate remedies have been exhausted, I doubt there is anything more that can be done. If an issue arises regarding him as being the actual perpetrator of the offense, maybe an appellate lawyer can further appeal the case.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 6/10/2013
    William L. Welch, III | William L. Welch, III Attorney
    111 South Calvert Street
    Baltimore, MD 21045
    (410) 385-5630
    An experienced criminal defense attorney can help you evaluate the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to go to trial.
    Answer Applies to: Maryland - Replied: 6/10/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.