Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Is my fiance going to jail for prescription fraud?

My fiance has worked as a secretary at a doctor's office for about a half a decade. I got a phone call at work that she was caught forging a prescription and trying to pick up the meds at a pharmacy. She told me she had trouble sleeping and instead of making a doctors appointment and going through the proper channels, she wrote herself an ambien prescription. Is she going to go to jail for this? We're supposed to get married in 4 months.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    Yes she should expect 6-12 months in jail.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 4/23/2013
    Brendan M. Kelly | Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly
    1700 Farnam Street, Suite 2820
    Omaha, NE 68102
    (402) 455-1711
    She needs a good lawyer to hopefully prevent her from going to jail and maybe not ending with a felony conviction. We, like most lawyers offer a free initial consultation to talk about the matter and will show you how we can help. You must call at 402-455-1711 to set up a time to talk about the matter. While, we have been in business for almost 25 years, we know what we are doing. We fight hard to represent your rights and defend our great constitution from abuse.
    Answer Applies to: Nebraska - Replied: 4/22/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    That depends on the judge. She was very silly. She worked for a doctor and could have talked to her boss about the medical problems. She might not go to jail if it was her first crime ever.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 4/22/2013
    R. Tambasco | TAMBASCO & ASSOCIATES, P.C. Attorneys at Law
    One N. Pennsylvania St.
    Indianapolis, IN 46204
    (317) 686-0000
    If and how convicted may have an impact on this. As an example, if she should plead guilty through a negotiated plea agreement it could be avoided. If an open sentencing or again through negotiating, other options to executed time may be available such as community corrections. This could result in work release or home detention as possibilities. The facts of the case and her prior criminal history if any will factor into it as well.
    Answer Applies to: Indiana - Replied: 4/20/2013
    Timothy J. Thill | Timothy J. Thill P.C.
    261 E. Quincy ST
    Riverside, IL 60546
    (708) 443-1200
    If this is her first offense, I doubt that she will go to prison for this felony offense, but she should contact and retain the services of counsel to insure the best possible resolution of the matter, as nothing is guaranteed in life, especially where the courts are involved.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 4/19/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.