Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Is it prostitution payment or a normal day gift?

I had sexual relations with a man, over a course of a week. Every time we would have sexual intercourse, he would buy me extravagant items or spend large amounts of money on fancy meals for me. He even offered me just cash afterwards. Now the man is saying that if I don't continue our sexual relations, he will go to the police for illegal prostitution. I'm not a prostitute and I don't work at a cat house or anything like that either. I don't want to do anything illegal here. Am I excepting this gifts as payment for prostitution or are they gifts?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
    39300 Civic Center Drive #110
    Fremont, CA 94538
    (510) 792-5110
    He can't do anything. If the police believed him he would be admitting a crime himself. (S olicitation of prostitution.) It is only prostitution if you demand payment for sex. Otherwise, it is considered dating and the presents you accepted were presents. He is trying to blackmail you.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 4/29/2013
    Peter Goldscheider | Law Office of Peter F. Goldscheider
    438 Cambridge Ave. Suite 250
    Palo Alto, CA 94306
    (650) 323-8296
    Since he would be a guilty as you if it were prostitution it is not likely he will go to police so I wouldn't worry about that. If there was an agreement ahead of time that you would be paid by whatever means for the sex that it would likely be illegal. If it was something that was done for you after the sex even in gratitude for the sex it would not be a crime.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 4/25/2013
    Michael J. Kennedy | Attorney at Law
    Michael J. Kennedy Attorney at Law
    Indio, CA 92262
    (760) 863-3840
    They are gifts and he is a dirtbag. Drop him. He will have to confess to being a john to report you and will be guilty of extortion. Tell him to pound sand instead of you and be more careful next time.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 4/24/2013
    Harry E. Hudson, Jr. | The Law Office of Harry E. Hudson, Jr.
    343 East Main Street, Suite 314
    Stockton, CA 95202
    (209) 463-9715
    Eye of the beholder. You should immediately contact an attorney. You should also save any electronic communication. If in the state of California, you might be able to legally record his phone calls w/out his permission per PC633.5. But talk to your attorney first. Your post describes extortion, a felony, by your otherwise generous suitor. That is way up the criminal totem pole from an alegation of prostitution a mere misdemeanor.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 4/24/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.