Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Is it legal to film the police in New York?

I've got video on my cell phone of police using excessive force on my brother. Cop saw me filming so I ran but I still do have it on my phone. Can I use this agains them?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Joel M. Lutwin | Lutwin & Lutwin, LLP
    401 Broadway
    New York, NY 10013
    (212) 431-5757
    Definitely- make a copy of it you can give it to your brother's attorney-remember you must file a notice of claim with the City within 90days of the occurence- our fuirm does that kind of law suit.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 3/6/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.