Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Is it legal for the police to harass me at work?

Ever since I was brought in for questioning by the police, a cop car has been hanging out outside of my work while I'm there. Is this legal? I feel like if they have proof I've done something they should just talk to me or whatever, but they clearly don't have anything since they didn't arrest me when I was brought in.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    So, if you ever talk to the police, no police car can ever park outside of your work again? Get real. Turn yourself in, if your conscience is bothering you that much.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 1/9/2013
    Gary Moore | Gary Moore, Attorney at Law
    31 Mercer Street
    Hackensack, NJ 07601
    (201) 342-7933
    The police should not be hanging outside your place of work. Call me about doing something about this problem.
    Answer Applies to: New Jersey - Replied: 1/9/2013
    Jeff Yeh | Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    3810 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1110
    Los Angeles, CA 90010
    (213) 446-2495
    You should never have voluntarily allowed yourself to be questioned. Ever heard of the right to remain silent? You better hire a lawyer before you make more mistakes and seal your own fate.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/9/2013
    Sally Hamblin | Hamblin Law Office
    4015 W. Houghton Lake Drive
    Houghton Lake, MI 48629
    (228) 224-7120
    Obviously, they are looking for evidence. Yes, they can sit outside of your workplace. Suggest if they call you in to talk, exercise your right to attorney if you are being alleged to have been involved in illegal activity.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/9/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Without knowing why they brought you in and questioned you and all the circumstances I can't answer this question.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/9/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.