Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Is it legal for police to charge someone for underage drinking after the fact?

A friend of mine threw a hotel party. After the matter the hotel tried to charge him for underage drinking. There is no evidence of underage drinking and no police offers issued any such tickets at all. They tried to charge him for disturbing neighbors. Please tell me if any of this is legal. Can I make a lawsuit? I know my rights as a citizen and this does not seem right.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    It is legal. You can file an after the fact civil suit also, if you have the $ 5000 for the retainer for the attorney. You obviously do not know your rights.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 5/19/2014
    Steve Freeborn | Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
    33400 9th Avenue S. Suite 208
    Federal Way, WA 98003
    (253) 838-4477
    If there is evidence to support the charge, absolutely you can be charged after the fact.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 4/28/2014
    Nathaniel Shafer | Natty Shafer Law
    717 South 300 West, Suite B
    Salt Lake City, UT 84101
    (801) 450-2584
    Yes, if it is within the statute of limitations, the police can charge you. That does not mean a jury will convict you, however. You have some good defenses open to you. Hire a good lawyer and you have the best chance of having a favorable outcome.
    Answer Applies to: Utah - Replied: 4/28/2014
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.