Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Is it a felony to not pay child support?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    It can be. They usually only charge it as a felony when the person is making no effort to pay, is thousands behind in child support and has the ability or is making a lot of money.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/31/2013
    Marshall Tauber | Law Offices of Marshall Tauber
    39520 Woodward Ave., Suite 230
    Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
    (877) 682-8237
    A parent who is subject to a valid child support order, especially one where the custodial parent has been receiving state child support payments or AFDC, can be charged with the crime of felony non-support for failing to pay as ordered by the court.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/30/2013
    Darrell B. Reynolds | Darrell B. Reynolds, P.C.
    2385 Lawrenceville Highway, Suite D
    Decatur, GA 30033
    (404) 636-6616
    Depending what state you are in. In Georgia you can be charge with abandonment, a criminal charge, and be held in contempt of court for failure to pay, a civil charge.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 3/30/2013
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    In GA, yes, IF you also leave the state of GA.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 3/29/2013
    Jerry Lee Wallentine Jr. | Law Firm of Martin & Wallentine
    130 North Cherry #201
    Olathe, KS 66061
    (913) 764-9700
    Answer Applies to: Kansas - Replied: 3/29/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.