Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Is it better to confess to a probation violation or wait til they find out?

I was convicted of prescription fraud, and as part of my probation I had to not use any drugs or alcohol. Well, last night I had a fight with my girlfriend and got really drunk. So I'm afraid, I'm going to get in trouble with my PO and have to go to jail. Should I be upfront and hope that it won't be a big deal?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Were you arrested or were the police involved? If so then you better report it to the probation agent.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/26/2013
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    It is a big deal, and probation will make a big deal out of it.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 1/24/2013
    John Toivonen | Toivonen Law Office
    PO Box 15174
    Lansing, MI 48933
    (517) 402-5229
    The 5th Amendment to the United States Constitution protects your right to remain silent, and not have that silence used against you in a court of law. So you do not have to volunteer any information that would incriminate you.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/24/2013
    William L. Welch, III | William L. Welch, III Attorney
    111 South Calvert Street
    Baltimore, MD 21045
    (410) 385-5630
    On the one hand you don't want to hide what your agent and the court might already know, but on the other hand you do not want to call to their attention what they don't already know.
    Answer Applies to: Maryland - Replied: 1/24/2013
    Randy W. Ferguson | Ferguson & Ferguson
    303 Williams Avenue SW Ste 321
    Huntsville, AL 35801
    (256) 534-3435
    If you were charged criminally, it is often better to notify them. They almost always find out.
    Answer Applies to: Alabama - Replied: 1/24/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.