Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

If you plead guilty to an ordinance charge does it go on your record?

I recently received a ticket for an ordinance violation, apparently its illegal to let your dog have a good run around on the community park football field without a leash. I didn't know. Is this going to be one of those charges/tickets that stick to your record forever?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Timothy J. Klisz | Klisz Law Office, PLLC
    39111 W. Six Mile Rd.
    Livonia, MI 48152
    (313) 402-0853
    It could. An attorney would have to review the charge to see if it is criminal or civil in nature.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 4/25/2013
    Mark A. Manning | Mark A. Manning, PC.
    213 Paw Paw Street
    Paw Paw, MI 49079
    (269) 657-3191
    It would be on your "record" in the court but unless things have changed recently I doubt it would show up on a criminal background check because a dog at large case would not be abstracted to the State. If it does it could be expunged after 5 years if it is your only criminal offense.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 4/25/2013
    Jacob Peter Sartz IV | Cornish, Crowley, Rockafellow, & Sartz, PLLC
    Cornish, Crowley, Rockafellow, & Sartz, PLLC
    Grand Rapids, MI 49546
    (517) 410-5127
    If the ordinance was a "civil infraction" then no, it should not show up as a criminal charge on your record. Some ordinance violations, though, are misdemeanors. A conviction for a misdemeanor would show up on your criminal history. It depends on what you were charged with. If you need specific legal advice for your particular circumstances, I encourage you to privately consult with a lawyer.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 4/24/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Yes it is if you could possibly serve jail time for it.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 4/24/2013
    John F Brennan | Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
    24001 Greater Mack
    St Clair Shores, MI 48080
    (586) 778-0900
    I would have to look into the specifics of the charge, but if it is a misdemeanor it will go on your record.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 4/24/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.