Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

If you have payed restitution, can you get probation ended early?

I finally got done paying all of my restitution. Do I need a lawyer to help me with this process, to get probation terminated. Is there anything else I can do?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    You can ask your probation officer and they can ask the judge about terminating the probation early.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/31/2013
    Sally Hamblin | Hamblin Law Office
    4015 W. Houghton Lake Drive
    Houghton Lake, MI 48629
    (228) 224-7120
    Very good paying restitution. You do not need an attorney. Talk to your probation officer and ask if you can be considered for an early discharge. If the probation officer agrees, a request is submitted to the judge.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/30/2013
    David M. Baum | Law Office of David Baum
    1925 Century Park East, Suite 2140
    Los Angeles, CA 90067
    (310) 990-3660
    Yes, you may be eligible for early termination of your probation. It is best to do this with the help of a lawyer.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/28/2013
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    You will need to file a motion with the court requesting early termination of your probation. It will be up to the judge to decide whether or not to grant it. Although the process is not complicated, you have to follows the rules and court procedures.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/28/2013
    Cynthia Henley | Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
    7626 E. Jordan Cove
    Houston, TX 77055-5053
    (713) 222-1220
    Depends on the type of case but generally if you have completed all the terms of probation, you can early terminate. Ask your probation officer to put in for you.
    Answer Applies to: Texas - Replied: 1/28/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.