Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

If a witness recants a statement after I took a plea, can I appeal?

Or am I stuck taking the plea agreement because I agreed to it? I had been telling everyone all along that the witness was a liar and was acting to protect a family member. Now they are filled with guilt and took the statement back.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    William R. Pelger | Pelger Law
    2108 West Street
    Munhall, PA 15120
    (412) 461-1900
    That's awesome! If you pled, the rules are pretty liberal in regard to withdrawing your plea. If you already pled and were sentenced, you may be able to get back into court on the basis of "newly discovered evidence". You need a lawyer to get this statement in writing and file a PCRA or motion immediately.
    Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania - Replied: 3/19/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.