Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

If police say they have a witness saying they saw me do something I didn’t do is it just a tactic?

hey say they have a witness that places me at an atm taking money from a lady but I was never even at that atm, nor did I steal from anyone. Are they just using this as a scare tactic?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Dennis John Woods | Dennis John Woods, Attorney at Law
    2479 Astoria Blvd.
    Canton, MI 48188
    (734) 340-3630
    Why would you be scared if you weren't there?
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/26/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Yes. Do not talk with them without a lawyer there. They are trying to get you rattled.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/20/2013
    Timothy J. Klisz | Klisz Law Office, PLLC
    39111 W. Six Mile Rd.
    Livonia, MI 48152
    (313) 402-0853
    If you didn't do it, then certainly it's a lie. Police will often lie and trick to solve their cases. Say NOTHING to the police without an attorney!
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/19/2013
    R. Jason de Groot | R. Jason de Groot, P.A
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A
    Deltona, FL 32728-5775
    (386) 337-8239
    They are probably using this as a scare tactic. Never talk to the police about a crime you might have even been tangentially involved in. If they have enough evidence, they will arrest you. All too often a defendant actually gives them the evidence they need to make a charge. If you have an alibi, that is a defense.
    Answer Applies to: Florida - Replied: 3/19/2013
    John F Brennan | Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
    24001 Greater Mack
    St Clair Shores, MI 48080
    (586) 778-0900
    Get an attorney and put in your defense. The police could be attempting to pressure you or be mistaken, in any case make no statements or admissions until after you receive counsel.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/19/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.