Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

If the person who called 911 on me leaves the state before we go to court what happens?

In October 2013 I was charged with simple assault and DUI after the officers arrived. My blood was taken like 5 hours later and when they took my blood they had their backs to me. Since then my daughter who called 911 has left the state before we go to court. Where does that leave me for my defense?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    If they need her testimony in order to convict her and she does not come back then they have no case.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/11/2014
    Victor Knapp | Law Office of Victor Knapp
    125-10 Queens Blvd.
    Kew Gardens, NY 11415
    (718) 263-9000
    It depends. Some prosecutors will still try to prosecute a case (especially domestic violence cases) even though the complainant is not cooperative or is missing. They do this by attempting to introduce the 911 calls (if an appropriate evidentiary foundation is made) as well as testimony from the responding police officer to testify as to their observations (i.e., bruises , bleeding, other injuries, evidence of a scuffle, etc.) and even their conversations with the complainant (again assuming an appropriate evidentiary foundation is made). The DWI issue is complicated because there are issues of probable cause for the arrest, proof of operating a vehicle, timing and consent to any blood extraction.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 1/8/2014
    Jeff Yeh | Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    3810 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1110
    Los Angeles, CA 90010
    (213) 446-2495
    They don't need your daughter. You need to hire a DUI specialist, and do it soon because you have only 10 days to save your license.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/8/2014
    Edward J. Blum | Law Office of Edward J. Blum
    3699 Wilshire Blvd.
    Los Angeles, CA 90010
    (213) 479-5322
    Looks good. Lot of defenses.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/8/2014
    Steve Freeborn | Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
    33400 9th Avenue S. Suite 208
    Federal Way, WA 98003
    (253) 838-4477
    With these charges, I sure hope you are using the services of an attorney. Having said that, she could be brought back to testify. Absent her testimony, it may or may not impact your case. I would have to review the case file to determine how her testimony, or lack thereof, might impact your case.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 1/8/2014
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.