Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

If my robbery charge was exonerated why am I still sitting in jail for a third strike?

This all occurred after I broke off a relationship with someone who became angry about the breakup. When I went to get my belongings from their house, they refused to give them to me. I therefore took some of their property (a video game) in return and in the attempt, the encounter became aggressive on their part. However, I returned their property (a video game) the next day but by that time they had already filed a false report on me regarding the incident. The plaintiff (who is now being described as "the victim") admitted to me the following day of filing the false report, that they lied to the investigating detective and asked for my forgiveness that it was done to me. In fact, the plaintiff, now called "the victim" went back and dropped the charges, because they knew what they said was not true. However, the state of California (Lancaster) decided to pursue the case anyway. On Feb 6, 2013 during an arrangement, the case was exonerated, yet I'm currently sitting in jail on a three strikes charge, waiting to find out my fate on Feb. 20, 2013 because I took a video game that I returned to them the next day; but still did not get back my property. How did this happen? I mean if the case was exonerated why was it counted against me. Also, shouldn't there have been some consideration that the "victim" went back and dropped the charges because they were lies. Please help me.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Terry Nelson | Nelson & Lawless
    2134 Main St., #130
    Huntington Beach, CA 92648
    (714) 960-7584
    If you are still in jail, there are still charges pending you haven't yet dealt with. whether you understand them or not. You said you had further court dates set. That is why you're sitting in jail. If you have an attorney, obviously ask him what is happening. If you don't, then hire one.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 2/11/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.