Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

If my mom gets arrested will I have to go live with my dad?

My parents are divorced and I live with my mom and I'm 15. I didn't see my dad for a long time but lately he is around and it makes my mom mad when he is there. They got to fighting the other night and our neighbor called the police. When they came to our house they talked to us all alone and wrote something and gave it to my mom and to my dad. They didn't show me what it was. I'm nervous that my dad will have my mom arrested or something so that we will be separated. Is there something he can do to make that happen?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Geoffrey M. Yaryan | Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan
    74-075 El Paseo, Suite A-14
    Palm Desert, CA 92260
    (760) 779-9666
    Only if he can show you mother is unfit, which is unlikely under those circumstances.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/20/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    It up to him but the police and the courts whether your mom is put in jail. But yes if she was in jail then you might live with your dad.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/15/2013
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    Yes, file a police report alleging that she committed a criminal offense.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 1/15/2013
    Cynthia Henley | Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
    7626 E. Jordan Cove
    Houston, TX 77055-5053
    (713) 222-1220
    Your mom can make your dad stay away, and probably should.? Whether you would be placed with your dad upon your mom's arrest depends on what she is arrested for, if she makes bond, and the outcome of the charge.
    Answer Applies to: Texas - Replied: 1/15/2013
    Brendan M. Kelly | Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly
    1700 Farnam Street, Suite 2820
    Omaha, NE 68102
    (402) 455-1711
    You really can't do much to help. Sorry.
    Answer Applies to: Nebraska - Replied: 1/15/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.