Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

If my grandson was arrested while on probation and parole, do I need to get an attorney for him?

My grandson was arrested while on probation and parole and was held for 48 hr, no charge, and let go. He did not tell the probation officer, so they picked him up from work. He was scared they would send him back to prison and he would lose his job. So now he is locked up in county waiting for another court day to see if they will accept him in the work release program, but he still has things hanging over him. Do I need to get a lawyer to fight this? I am on a fixed income.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    Fixed income so not he needs an attorney.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 5/12/2013
    Derek L. Hall | Derek L. Hall, PLLC
    1911 Dunbarton Dr.
    Jackson, MS 39216
    (601) 414-3707
    Yes. Immediately. Some attorneys will let you work out payment arrangements. But if he is there for probation violation and has other charges pending, he needs to get this cleared up immediately. Once the probation officer decides to revoke him, he is entitled to a revocation hearing. They typically do those very quickly and can do it in the jail. Consult with an attorney immediately.
    Answer Applies to: Mississippi - Replied: 5/11/2013
    William L. Welch, III | William L. Welch, III Attorney
    111 South Calvert Street
    Baltimore, MD 21045
    (410) 385-5630
    Your grandson should consider whether he knows the law, procedure, rules of evidence, prosecutor, and judge well enough to risk being convicted and having to serve time. An experienced criminal defense attorney can assist your grandson with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that he might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that he can decide whether to go to trial. Consider seeking a confidential consultation.
    Answer Applies to: Maryland - Replied: 5/11/2013
    John T. Belton | John T. Belton, Attorney at Law
    2066 West Henderson Rd., Suite 102
    Columbus, OH 43220
    (614) 457-2034
    I would strongly recommend you immediately retain an attorney for your grandson.
    Answer Applies to: Ohio - Replied: 5/10/2013
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    Your question requires an attorney consultation. It is not a simple question that can be answered on this type of forum. There are many factors that would need to be considered and evaluated. Since we do not have all the facts, it is impossible to give a completely accurate answers. Why was he arrested? Why is he on probation and parole? At the very least, I suggest that you contact an experienced criminal defense attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your grandson's situation. He/she would then be in a better position to analyze his case and advise you of his options. Most attorneys do not charge for an initial consultation.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 5/10/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.