Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

If I’m arrested for public intoxication and then released at the police station, what happens next?

We were at a house party and left to go to a bar. Pretty much everyone was really intoxicated. A cop stopped us because he saw one guy peeing in a bush. About 6 of us were arrested for public intoxication and then at the police station they talked to each of us and released us separately. What happens next? Will I have to go to court? It was really unclear when we left the station what would happen.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    John J. Carney | The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    401 East 34th Street
    New York, NY 10016
    (917) 696-2363
    You should retain a good lawyer to get an ACD dismissal and have the guy who could not hold it pay for your lawyer.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 2/24/2013
    Henry Lebensbaum | Henry Lebensbaum
    46 Lovejoy Rd
    Andover, MA 01810
    (978) 807-6512
    The police can apply for criminal complaint that will be served to you. Meanwhile get a lawyer.
    Answer Applies to: Massachusetts - Replied: 1/27/2013
    Richard Williams | Law Office of Richard Williams
    301 Government Street, Suite 104
    Mobile, AL 36602
    (251) 272-3765
    If sounds as though you were warned and released without being charged. If you received a citation it will advise you of when you must appear in court. Otherwise, if you were formally charged a notice should be delivered to you advising you of your court date.
    Answer Applies to: Alabama - Replied: 1/26/2013
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    You were released on an OR bond, but were too drunk to even know what was going on. You will receive a court date in the mail.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 1/24/2013
    John Toivonen | Toivonen Law Office
    PO Box 15174
    Lansing, MI 48933
    (517) 402-5229
    Determine if the prosecution has issued a charge. If the prosecution has charge you, you will receive a warrant telling you when to show up for court.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/24/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.