Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

If I was not even cited or arrested but fired for theft of a controlled substance what should I do?

I was confronted with video of myself stealing hydrocodone from the pharmacy that I work at. I was not arrested but the police were notified and came out and read me my rights. I spoke to an officer briefly but they let me go home. I'm afraid I will be arrested at home when alone with my 6 year old. What should I do?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    I strongly suggest that you contact an experienced criminal defense attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your situation. (S)he would then be in a better position to analyze your case and advise you of your options. Under no circumstances should you talk to the police or anyone else regarding this without your attorney present.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/13/2014
    Christopher K. Steuart | IT Forensics, Inc.
    11206 Des Moines Memorial Drive S.
    Burien, WA 98168
    (206) 414-6644
    I'd recommend contacting defense attorneys who practice in that jurisdiction and retain one of them; he/she may recommend setting up a relationship (account) with a bail bondsman. I.e. I'd say you should prepare to be charged.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 3/13/2014
    Jeff Yeh | Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    3810 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1110
    Los Angeles, CA 90010
    (213) 446-2495
    You have the right to remain silent. Only idiots talk to investigators/cops. Remember, no matter what you say it will be twisted around and used against you later. Now you should expect a letter in the mail with a court date.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/13/2014
    Thomas E. Gates | Gates' Law, PLLC
    651 Strander Blvd., Suite 209
    Tukwila, WA 98188-2953
    (253) 332-7899
    You will receive a notice in the mail to appear at your arraignment. It is highly unlikely that you will be arrested before hand.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 3/13/2014
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    Meet with an attorney, and get your bond money together, because you will be arrested.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 3/13/2014
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.