Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

If I start a case, and don’t like the outcome, can I drop it and start a new one?

I started a court case against a former friend, however, it seems that that even though I know I'm right in this situation, the ruling may be decided otherwise. Can I drop this case and start a new one or is that not legal?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Sally Hamblin | Hamblin Law Office
    4015 W. Houghton Lake Drive
    Houghton Lake, MI 48629
    (228) 224-7120
    Generally, if you dismiss a case why would you want to wait. There is never a guarantee on the outcome of a case. If the case is weak, you do need to question whether to continue. It also depends on the nature of the case and what court. There are statue of limitation issues to consider.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 4/8/2013
    John F Brennan | Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
    24001 Greater Mack
    St Clair Shores, MI 48080
    (586) 778-0900
    You may dismiss a case without prejudice (allowing your to re-bring it) with the AGREEMENT of the other party and the Court, otherwise it will be dismissed WITH prejudice and you will NOT be allowed to sue again on the same matter.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 4/8/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.