Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

If I need my truck for work is there a way I can argue for that in court?

This was my first DUI and I'm a delivery driver so I need to be able to drive for work. Is there a way I can just use it for work or will I not be allowed to drive at all?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Edmund P. Allen Jr. | Law Office of Edmund P. Allen Jr.
    705 Second Avenue Suite #910
    Seattle, WA 98104
    (206) 262-0903
    If your license is suspended, you can apply for an "ignition interlock license". You need to get the device on you personal car, and then you can drive an employer's car during work hours, for work purposes, so long as the employer files paperwork with the department of licensing.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 4/17/2013
    Randy M. Lish | Randy M. Lish, Attorney at Law
    2155 N. Freedom Blvd.
    Provo, UT 84604
    (801) 235-9400
    Utah does not provide for a provisional or limited license after a DUI conviction.
    Answer Applies to: Utah - Replied: 4/16/2013
    Jason M. Glass | Glass Defense Firm
    P.O. Box 4388
    Clarksburg, WV 26302
    (304) 933-9883
    There are no work privileges allowed for in WV. If your license gets suspended, then you cannot drive at all, for any reason during the suspension period.
    Answer Applies to: West Virginia - Replied: 4/16/2013
    Craig Andersen | Andersen Law PLLC
    10000 NE 7th Ave Suite 330B
    Vancouver, WA 98685
    (360) 397-0111
    You would be eligible for an ignition interlock license. If the truck is a company vehicle, your employer may petition to have the ignition interlock requirement waived on the truck. If you have a CDL, there are other considerations.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 4/16/2013
    Mel Dunn | Mel Dunn
    100 N. Center
    Casper, WY 82601
    (307) 267-7758
    You must apply to the Wyoming Department of Transportation in Cheyenne, Division of Driver Services, to obtain limited driving privileges. There is a fee for their service. Call and they will tell you how.
    Answer Applies to: Wyoming - Replied: 4/16/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.