Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

If I got a DUI and suspended license in Florida, can I get a drivers license in California?

When I was living in Florida, I got a DUI and my license was suspended. Since then I moved to California with my wife and we're about to have a baby. I still don't have a drivers license but now she wants me to get one so I can help her with the transporting of our child. What will I have to do to get a California drivers license?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Peter Goldscheider | Law Office of Peter F. Goldscheider
    438 Cambridge Ave. Suite 250
    Palo Alto, CA 94306
    (650) 323-8296
    Probably clear up your suspended license status in Florida.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/7/2013
    Terry Nelson | Nelson & Lawless
    2134 Main St., #130
    Huntington Beach, CA 92648
    (714) 960-7584
    Nope. Not until you are entitled to re-issuance of the Florida license.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/7/2013
    Philip S. Setrakian | Law Offices of Philip S. Setrakian
    2350 W. Shaw ste. 106
    Fresno, CA 93711
    (559) 439-7000
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/7/2013
    Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
    39300 Civic Center Drive #110
    Fremont, CA 94538
    (510) 792-5110
    That depends on Florida law. The suspension was from there and California will probably make you complete Floridas conditions to get a license back.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/6/2013
    Hudson Bair | Hudson Bair
    1440 Broadway, Ste. 902
    Oakland, CA 94612
    (510) 645-0027
    You will have to clear up your problem in Florida (in other words, get a license), then you can apply for a license in California. You should call the lawyer who helped you in Florida, he/she should be able to tell you what needs to be done to clear your license in Florida, then you can move forward in California. If you didnt hire a lawyer, you need to call a lawyer in Florida and see what they can do for you, they may even be able to tell you, over the phone, how to get your Florida license reinstated.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/6/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.