Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

I missed my court date for stealing what should I do?

I had a court date that I missed. It was for theft under $300. do I have to turn myself in? Will I get in trouble or can I just ask for another date and say I'm sorry.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Patrick Mahaney | Law Office of Patrick Mahaney
    8244 Old Federal Road
    Montgomery, AL 36117
    (334) 277-3974
    Turn yourself in at the next opportunity. A warrant for your arrest has (probably) already been issued. Don't make your situation worse by avoiding the court process.
    Answer Applies to: Alabama - Replied: 3/7/2013
    Mari Morrison | Mari Morrison Attorney at Law
    PO Box 36783
    Birmingham, AL 35236
    (205) 982-8515
    You will need to contact your lawyer and have your lawyer get another court date set or go to the court and turn yourself in and ask for another court date. Otherwise, a failure to appear warrant will be issued for your arrest and it is just a matter of time before you are picked up and arrested. Then, you will wait 30 days before you have a new court date.
    Answer Applies to: Alabama - Replied: 3/7/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.