Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

How much will I be fined for a DUI in Chicago?

I got a DUI this weekend. I'm out of jail. Got out Monday morning. Have to go to court now. This is my first DUI - and last! I'll just be fined, right? I heard they can be expensive up to $10,000? What is this DUI going to do to my life? How much will a lawyer cost to fight this. It was in Cook County, IL (Chicago)

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Vincent C. Machroli | Law Office of Vincent C. Machroli, P.C.
    High Point Plaza
    Hillside, IL 60162-1949
    (708) 449-7400
    There's a lot more to a DUI case than a fine. A skilled DUI defense attorney would need to discuss this matter with you in greater detail, & ask you many questions, before he/she could give you the proper legal advice (& a quote) you are seeking. Schedule a consultation ASAP. Once the case is resolved to your satisfaction, you'll be glad you paid the money to hire her/him & properly protect your legal rights.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 3/29/2013
    Timothy J. Thill | Timothy J. Thill P.C.
    261 E. Quincy ST
    Riverside, IL 60546
    (708) 443-1200
    Many questions. The maximum fine is $10,000.00, for a felony. A misdemeanor DUi is only $2500.00.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 3/26/2013
    Harold L. Wallin | The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin
    33 North Dearborn St
    Chicago, IL 60602
    (312) 346-7730
    This is not a fine only offense. Contact a few DUI defense attorneys and schedule consultations.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 3/26/2013
    Melissa Smejkal | Law Office of Melissa Smejkal
    1328 W 18th Street
    Chicago, IL 60608
    (312) 968-2479
    There is way more to it than just a fine. You need an attorney, start looking now.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 3/26/2013
    Louis J. Meyer | Meyer & Kiss, LLC
    311 W. Stratford Drive
    Peoria, IL 61614
    (309) 713-3751
    DUIs are serious charges and can have serious consequences on your driving abilities.

    You should hire an attorney that can review the police report to see if you have any defenses to fight the criminal charges and help with the civil summary suspension.

    An attorney will be able to negotiate the best possible resolution if you do not have valid defenses. Help you get first offender supervision.

    For a first time DUI, a competent attorney will charge around $2,000.00.

    Where do you have court? Daley Center, Rolling Meadows? Markham? Skokie? or Bridgview? Feel free to contact our office to discuss your options. Good luck!
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 3/26/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.