Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

How much jail time will I get if I’m convicted of stealing money from work?

I got charged with stealing money from the drawer at work. It was me and another guy. We were both arrested and released on bail but somebody told us we'd probably have to do some jail time if we get convicted. It was several thousand dollars over the part year and a half. Can I really be facing jail time?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Maybe but the best way to avoid this is to pay up the amount stolen right away.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/11/2013
    Darrell B. Reynolds | Darrell B. Reynolds, P.C.
    2385 Lawrenceville Highway, Suite D
    Decatur, GA 30033
    (404) 636-6616
    If you are in Georgia, you can get up to 10 years in prison for theft by taking, felony charge. You need to get an attorney to represent you.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 3/11/2013
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    Yes you can. I strongly suggest that you contact an experienced criminal defense attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your situation. He/she would then be in a better position to analyze your case and advise you of your options.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/11/2013
    Henry Lebensbaum | Henry Lebensbaum
    46 Lovejoy Rd
    Andover, MA 01810
    (978) 807-6512
    Listen to your lawyer.
    Answer Applies to: Massachusetts - Replied: 3/11/2013
    William L. Welch, III | William L. Welch, III Attorney
    111 South Calvert Street
    Baltimore, MD 21045
    (410) 385-5630
    In Maryland the maximum penalty depends on how much was stolen or attempted to be stolen. Ultimately sentencing depends on whether you have been found guilty, your prior record, how serious these are in the judges eyes, mitigation, and allocution.
    Answer Applies to: Maryland - Replied: 3/11/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.