Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

How much jail time for a gun charge?

I have a felony on my record. Got caught with it in my car. No one else was in the car. It was a 30 auto. Court appointed attorney hasn't talked to me yet. Seeing judge on Tuesday. What should I plead? Will I get less time if I admit it was mine?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    John J. Carney | The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    401 East 34th Street
    New York, NY 10016
    (917) 696-2363
    The prosecutors usually do not reduce loaded gun charges. The minimum is 3 1/2 years in prison. Retain as good criminal lawyer to try to get you less than the felony minimum.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 3/8/2013
    William L. Welch, III | William L. Welch, III Attorney
    111 South Calvert Street
    Baltimore, MD 21045
    (410) 385-5630
    Your charge papers should indicate the maximum. An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence.
    Answer Applies to: Maryland - Replied: 3/5/2013
    Jared Austin | Austin Legal Services, PLC
    909 N. Washington Ave.
    Lansing, MI 48906
    (517) 614-1983
    Don't plead to anything without speaking to any attorney first. These are very serious charges and often the plea deals aren't very good. First, you will need to see if the stop was valid. Your attorney and you can discuss other options if that doesn't look like that will work.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/4/2013
    Timothy J. Thill | Timothy J. Thill P.C.
    261 E. Quincy ST
    Riverside, IL 60546
    (708) 443-1200
    Do not plead guilty until you have had a chance to discuss your options with the public defender.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 3/4/2013
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    You can face up to five years. You should know what the prosecutor/judge will offer you before you plead guilty. Otherwise plead not guilty.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 3/4/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.