Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

How much jail time for DUI manslaughter?

My sister is in a lot of trouble because she accidentally killed a woman when she was driving. She was legally drunk and there's a breathalyzer that proves it. I am so sick over this and so sad she killed her. I feel awful for her family. And I don't know what to do to help my sister who is in jail right now. She doesn't have a good lawyer either. Just a court appointed one. What should she do? She's 24 and has her whole life ahead of her. She feels awful about this too. They had to put her on suicide watch. How many years is she going to get? Range?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    Depending on the skill of her attorney and her record, she is facing 8-15 years in prison. You don't know what to do? Help her retain an attorney.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 3/10/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    In Michigan the charge for this would carry up to 15 years in prison.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/9/2013
    Thomas A. Medford, Jr. | Law Office of Thomas A. Medford, Jr., PC
    1629 K Street, N.W.
    Washington, DC 20006
    (202) 355-6457
    Generally anywhere from three to ten years depending on if she has prior alcohol related offense on her record. I would also suggest that you marshal everything favorable about your sister's life so it can be used to present the most favorable picture at sentencing.
    Answer Applies to: District of Columbia - Replied: 3/7/2013
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    As a very rough range, she could get up to 15 yrs. She needs an experienced criminal defense attorney to represent her in this case.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/7/2013
    Marshall Tauber | Law Offices of Marshall Tauber
    39520 Woodward Ave., Suite 230
    Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
    (877) 682-8237
    Minimum 2.5 , maximum 20, realistically 8 years.& then parole.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/7/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.