Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

How long until you can get parole for a conspiracy conviction?

I heard there was a bigger minimum years for conspiracy than a lot of other stuff. Is that true? I know someone who got convicted of conspiracy and I want to help her if I can but am not sure what I can do and when.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Mel Dunn | Mel Dunn
    100 N. Center
    Casper, WY 82601
    (307) 267-7758
    You are not giving me enough information. Federal or State? Court? Date of conviction? Actual sentence? Conspiracy to do what?
    Answer Applies to: Wyoming - Replied: 4/5/2013
    Christopher G Humphrey | Law Office of Christopher G Humphrey PC
    P.O. Box 4216
    Cheyenne, WY 82003
    (307) 222-2448
    parole is calculated by the prison system and the Department of Corrections. You have to know exactly how much time the person is facing, and whether they are getting their "good time." You also have to know about how much good time they are allowing. You have to know whether they have an escape charge. You should have that person talk to their case manager at the prison to calculate that time.
    Answer Applies to: Wyoming - Replied: 4/5/2013
    Terry J. Harris | Terry J. Harris, P.C.
    211 West 19th St, Suite 110
    Cheyenne, WY 82001
    (307) 638-6431
    In the federal courts, where I practice, there is no parole. Congress abolished parole. Instead, a federal criminal defendant gets sentenced to a specific term of months and, in turn, will serve that term of months day for day. The federal prisoner does have the opportunity to earn "good time" credits off of the federal sentence, at approximately 54 days credit for every completed year of good time. As indicated, the credit is taken off the "back end" of the federal sentence, and is computed every year at the end of that year's time in federal prison.
    Answer Applies to: Wyoming - Replied: 4/5/2013
    Steve Freeborn | Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
    33400 9th Avenue S. Suite 208
    Federal Way, WA 98003
    (253) 838-4477
    It depends upon the judge at the time of sentencing.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 4/5/2013
    Craig Andersen | Andersen Law PLLC
    10000 NE 7th Ave Suite 330B
    Vancouver, WA 98685
    (360) 397-0111
    The defendant's actual sentence will be based on your friend's felony history.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 4/5/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.