Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

How long does it take to get a felony off your record?

Do you have to file something in court to get it removed or does it just expire X many years after your conviction?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Attorney Martin G. Hilliard | Hilliard Law
    370 Shyrewood Drive
    Lawrenceville, GA 30043
    (678) 373-1621
    You must apply for a Gubernatoral Pardon. You must not have used First Offender. You can google the process and read about it.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 3/1/2013
    Steven Dodge | Steven Dodge
    7960 W. Grand River Ave.
    Brighton, MI 48114
    (810) 220-3916
    The conviction does not "expire." You must file a motion for expungement with the court that entered the conviction. Also, you must wait five years after your discharge from probation and have no other felonies or 93 day misdemeanors on your record.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/1/2013
    Landon Ascheman | Ascheman & Smith
    500 LAUREL AVE
    SAINT PAUL, MN 55102
    (612) 217-0077
    Felony records never expire. You may want to look into an expungement.
    Answer Applies to: Minnesota - Replied: 3/1/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.