Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

How do you get your records clean after being convicted?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Charles M. Schiff | Charles M. Schiff, Attorney at Law
    925 South First Street
    St Cloud, MN 56301
    (320) 259-0699
    You can seek an expungement order through the court of conviction or you can seek a pardon through the Governor's Pardon Board. There is no absolute right to have a conviction record expunged or a pardon granted.
    Answer Applies to: Minnesota - Replied: 8/12/2013
    Seth L. Reszko | Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC
    6235 S. Pecos Road, Suite 108
    Las Vegas, NV 89120
    (702) 727-7777
    To seal/expunge your records, you will need to file a petition to seal the records. You might be able to find the petition at the Court's website. Otherwise, I would contact the Court to find out how to go about that. If that also fails, I would recommend hiring an attorney. Depending on the attorney, the costs to seal the records is not very high.
    Answer Applies to: Nevada - Replied: 8/12/2013
    Thomas E. Gates | Gates' Law, PLLC
    651 Strander Blvd., Suite 209
    Tukwila, WA 98188-2953
    (253) 332-7899
    You need to petition the court to expunge your record. The court clerk should have the necessary forms for you.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 8/12/2013
    Matt Catchick | Catchick Law, PC
    29829 Greenfield Road
    Southfield, MI 48076
    (248) 606-5522
    I would kindly but strongly recommend you consult with an Attorney who is well-versed in the Michigan laws governing Expungement, to see if you are eligible. The Statute addressing Expungement, MCL 780.621, is very technical and has lots of exceptions. Even if you are eligible, you must wait at least 5 years from the date you were sentenced (or the date you were released from incarceration, whichever is later) before you can file the "Application for Order Setting Aside Conviction" to request Expungement.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 8/12/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.