Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

How do you file charges for perjury against another person?

Someone tried to get me arrested and evicted by filing false allegations against me. They later recanted their story after 3 arbitration/court appearances. I also had 4 heart attacks during this stressful time. Now they are filing additional false charges. What can be done to stop this non-nonsensical behavior?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Charles M. Schiff | Charles M. Schiff, Attorney at Law
    925 South First Street
    St Cloud, MN 56301
    (320) 259-0699
    You likely need to get a Harassment Restraining Order against this individual. The false claims you refer to do not become "perjury" until the person lies while under oath. If the false accusations involve false reporting of crimes to the authorities, those same authorities can prosecute him for making those false claims.
    Answer Applies to: Minnesota - Replied: 3/10/2014
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Go to the police and report this crime. Also you could sue them for damages.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/10/2014
    Jared Austin | Austin Legal Services, PLC
    909 N. Washington Ave.
    Lansing, MI 48906
    (517) 614-1983
    It wouldn't be perjury unless it was given under oath. You may have a case for filing a false police report. That would be up to the prosecutor. You may be able to sue them in civil court though. Consult with a civil attorney in your area.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/10/2014
    John F Brennan | Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
    24001 Greater Mack
    St Clair Shores, MI 48080
    (586) 778-0900
    The first thing you should do is to see an attorney. Perjury is a crime, but the charges are normally brought by the prosecutor in your county. The same general procedure goes for filing a false police report. I would suggest you buy an hour or two with an attorney and explain all of the situations, and then take their counsel. There are several causes of action for malicious prosecution.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/10/2014
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.