Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

How do I know if I have a warrant out for my arrest?

I need to know if I'm going to get arrested. Do they publish that somewhere? Should I call the police station and ask? Should I get an attorney and walk into the police station with them?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Rankin Johnson IV | Law Office of Rankin Johnson IV, LLC
    The Pennoyer Building 714 SW 20th Place
    Portland, OR 97205
    (503) 307-9560
    Getting an attorney is a good start. If you can't afford one, go ask at the police station, but they will probably arrest you and keep you until the next day the court is open, so 1) be prepared to spend the night in jail, and 2) don't go on Friday; you'll be in jail all weekend. Make arrangements for bail if you can, but of course you don't know how much it will be.
    Answer Applies to: Oregon - Replied: 3/26/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    You can have an attorney check with the court to see if there is a bench warrant for you.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/26/2013
    Francis Springer | Springer Law Office, PLLC
    1042 Gluckstadt Road, Ste C
    Madison, MS 39110
    (601) 605-5004
    You can call the police and ask. They may or may not tell you. My recommendation is to have an attorney if you can if or when you turn yourself in. If there is a warrant, it's always best to turn yourself in as soon as possible. Keep in mind, you don't have to answer questions when you turn yourself in. Definitely wait until you consult with a lawyer if you want to make a statement.
    Answer Applies to: Mississippi - Replied: 3/26/2013
    Cynthia Henley | Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
    7626 E. Jordan Cove
    Houston, TX 77055-5053
    (713) 222-1220
    You can contact a local bondsman who can check the records of local police and sheriffs to see if there is a public warrant.
    Answer Applies to: Texas - Replied: 3/26/2013
    William L. Welch, III | William L. Welch, III Attorney
    111 South Calvert Street
    Baltimore, MD 21045
    (410) 385-5630
    Arrest warrants are not public, but bench warrants for failing to appear in court might be searched at court records on An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial.
    Answer Applies to: Maryland - Replied: 3/26/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3 4 5
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.